Xiaozhou Joe Han, M.D. ELD (ABB)
Home Address: 8321 Kolmar Avenue, Skokie, IL 60076
Tel: (224)-392-8679 (C)
Current employment: Senior Embryologist
InVia Fertility Speciist.
2007 – Present Embryology Laboratory Director [ELD, by American Board OF Bioanalysis]
A trained Gynecologist/Obstetrician and an Embryology Laboratory Director (ELD), certified by American Board OF Bioanalysis (ABB), has more than 15 years human IVF and andrology laboratory experience. Independently performed:
- More than 3000 IVF cycles (including fresh IVF cycles, frozen embryo and blastocyte thaw and transfers, oocyte donor cycles, embryo and blastocyte freezing).
- More than 10000 oocyte intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- More than 5000 embryo assisted hatching using chemical (tyrode's acid), mechanical (PZD) and laser techniques).
- More than 200 cases of embryo blastomere biopsy
- Oocyte and Embryo freezing (vitrification) and thawing
- Sperm preparation for intra-uterine inseminations
- Semen analysis and semen cryopreservation.
- Lab administration (lab manual, patient consent forms and etc...
- Maintenance of lab equipments and lab supplies
- Laboratory quality control and quality assurance
- Data analysis and data entry for SART
1978 – 1983: Doctor of Medicine. Tongji Medical University (TMU), Wuhan, Hubei, China (Certified by IERF, INC. Culver City, CA. USA)
1987 – 1991: Master degree program. Department of Gynecology and Obstetric, TMU, Wuhan, China
1983 – 1988 Residency, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Union Hospital (teaching hospital)
Tongji Medical University, China
1992 – 1996 Postdoctoral fellow, Dr. J. R.G. Challis’s Lab, Department of Physiology
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, &
Lawson Research Institute (before 1995)
St. Joseph Health Center,
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.
1996 – 1998 Research Associate, Dr. Larry Chow’s lab, Dept. of Medicine,
London Health Science Center
University of Western Ontario (UWO), London, Ontario, Canada.
2007 – Present Member of American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
2007 – Present Member of American Association of Bioanalysis;
2017-Present Senior Embryologist
InVia Fertility Speciist.
2007 – 2017 Senior Embryologist
Advanced Reproductive Health Centers, ltd ( chicago-ivf)
2003 – 2006 Senior Embryologist
IVF Lab, North Shore Fertility, S.C. Skokie, IL.
2001 – 2003 Senior Embryologist, Director of PDG program,
IVF Lab, Andrology Laboratory Services, Inc.
2000 – 2001 Senior Embryologist
Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine
1998 – 2000 Embryologist/Andrologist
Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Department of Ob/GYN
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation,
1988 – 1991 Attending Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Union Hospital, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China
Skills:Proficient in the following ART laboratory procedures and management:
· Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI),
· Assisted hatching, Embryo transfer
· Embryo and Blastocyst culture and assessment
· Embryo/Blastocyst and semen cryopreservation
· Embryo blastomere biopsy
· Human oocyte retrieval and handling
· Sperm analysis and preparation
· IVF Lab set up
· Data administration
· Quality control and assurance
- Computer skills (word processing, Excel, Access)
List of Publications (provide per request)